Sunday 15 April 2012

What's cookin' doc?


Sunday is drawing to an end and it has been just the way I like it: filled to the brim with activity (if a bit lacking in, say, speedier training, on my own two feet, in the woods). I've gone grocery shopping, vacuum-cleaned, baked bread, baked a chocolate cake and done two loads of laundry. Oh, and I've done an hour of strength exercises.
 
"Use-whatever-flour-you-have-in-the-pantry" bread

Chocolate cake with bitter chocolate icing- yep, I improvised here too

I'm going to be vigilant when it comes to building up strength around my knees. I've been doing some leg and core exercises at least once a week since last summer, but I think I need to step it up and add some weights where it's possible. I also need to think about how I actually perform these exercises. I asked J to have a look at my posture while I did the exercises, and sure enough, my knees were collapsing inwards when I did squats and lunges. Whether my knees collapse because they are weak or they are weak because they collapse is anyone's guess. One thing's for sure: I need to get better at keeping proper posture while exercising.

This coming week I'm going to be getting some professional help with this problem. On Wednesday I'm meeting my new physiotherapist, who I hope is nice and takes my problem seriously, so that we can get to the root of it. On Saturday I'm meeting Marcus Stålbom, whom I've had a couple of running technique sessions with before and who's helped me a lot in the past. I'm hoping that these two gentlemen will tell me what kinesiological and biomechanical sins I'm being punished for.

2 comments:

  1. Hoppas det fixar sig med den dumma skadan!! Jag vet sjalv hur frustrerande det ar, har sjalv varit skadad nagra omgangar. Det ar otroligt pafrestande eftersom det kanns som man aldrig laker... Och det enda man vill gora ar att springa... Men hoppas du byggt upp en bra core-rutin under tiden som du varit skadad, det ar kanske lite sa man maste tanka, att man "lart sig nagot" fran skadetiden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza och chokladkaka :) Laga gott verkar du kunna göra.
    Vi firar väl med lite mat på det första långpasset du kan vara med på efter din skada? :)

    ReplyDelete