Sunday 1 April 2012

I get knocked down but I get up again


Sometimes you have to roll with the punches. And then you have to fight back. I could have spent the whole day feeling sorry for myself, but after briefly indulging in self pity this morning, I went climbing with J instead. Or rather, J went climbing and I belayed. I didn't want to put any weight on to my knee. But I was really proud of J. He climbed one difficult route after another, almost with no rest in between.

Walking to the climbing gym and back proved to be no issue for the knee, despite the road there being hilly. When we got back home, it felt ok, so I decided to do some strength exercises, and risked doing the ones for my legs too. No pain followed, not even the shadow of an injury. It's certainly getting better already.

I've said it before on this blog. When I'm not running, I get an energy surplus that pushes me to do other things. So today I made pizza. I hadn't made dough of any kind in ages, and I've been wanting to eat some home-made pizza for weeks. I followed a recipe for pizza dough I found on recepten.se (in Swedish). It was such an easy and accurate recipe. I really enjoyed making that dough.

J's pizza and baby spinach salad
We made two different pizzas, one with reindeer meat for J and a veggie quattro formaggi for me. Only I used three sorts of cheese instead of four. So I guess that makes it a tre formaggi. That's like the discounted version of a quattro formaggi. The pizzas were good, although I think J liked his more than I liked mine. Turns out that fourth sort of cheese is pretty important.

Something's missing...

No comments:

Post a Comment