Friday 10 February 2012

The world is asleep


I woke up at 4.30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I've been getting up at the same time almost every day this week because I've had to be in at work early, but this morning I didn't have any reason to get up before 6. And still I did.

I'm suspecting that my body is in shock. With only 8 measly kilometres in this week's total so far, it's probably wondering what it's supposed to be doing with all that extra energy that's suddenly been piling up instead of running. I tried to use it up by going climbing yesterday, but that's hardly an endurance sport and I just destroyed my arm muscles.

The first time I ran from Alingsås to Gothenburg November 2010, the world was covered in snow

Tomorrow means ultra. Alingsås –Gothenburg, 50km, on roads and cycle paths that are probably still icy (but hopefully only at places. Can you imagine the frustration if we have to skate around for 50 km?). Tonight at midnight is also the kick-off for this edition of the Ultra Intervals. Right now, a funny conversation is taking place on Facebook between me and this ultra guy I know. He's not joining us, preferring to run the intervals, because ”they're longer”. True, I answered. But then again, if we start at 10 and run pretty fast, then we can cover the 50 km and be just in time to run the 6th interval at 15:00. Then we go home and rest, and finally run the last two intervals at 18:00 and 21:00 respectively. Done!

I'm kidding.

Or...am I?

1 comment:

  1. Du är helt galen! Och helt underbar! Fredagsmys på dig! :D Och lycka till imorrn!

    ReplyDelete