Thursday 23 February 2012

Maiden voyage


Encouraged by yesterday's pain-free run, I took my new Saucony Mirage 2 out on a test drive. I ran home from work, carrying a backpack that might otherwise not feel so heavy, but which after a long and tiresome work day felt like a ton of bricks.

My legs felt equally heavy. Non-responsive. I struggled for breath. I listened for signals that my knee might be sending, but luckily it kept quiet. The shoes felt stiff, with little shock absorption, closer to my VFF but still heavy enough to feel like ”real” shoes. The major advantage was, of course, that the heel-to-toe drop is much lower (4mm) than in my Kayano, which helps with my landing technique. 


I don't think I did the shoes any justice by taking them out on their maiden voyage on tired legs. So I'm withholding judgement until I've had a proper run in them. But I can already tell that I'll never fall in love with a shoe as quickly as I did with my VFF.

1 comment:

  1. Härligt!
    Jag har en ny jacka så nu ska det springas med färg också ;)
    I morgon blir det igen. Var för trött efter 3 pass igår. Vila är rätt viktigt ibland (mycket viktigt).

    Och jag blir så glad av dina underbara rader! Verkligen stort tack!

    ReplyDelete