Tuesday 17 January 2012

On a roll

Having just registered some strength exercises in my diary, I noticed that the last time I had a whole day's rest was January 3rd, exactly two weeks ago. Oops. I have been alternating running with strength exercises and climbing, of course, so it's not like I'm using the same muscles every time; my legs do get to rest sometimes (let's ignore the fact that my legs are included in the strength exercise regime).

On some level, I guess I see strength training as a rest day from running, so it doesn't count. Only, it does. And when I ride my bicycle to work, my legs don't get any rest then either (even if I don't register short bike rides in my diary). If that's not an injury waiting to happen, I don't know what is. My right hamstring has been acting funny since last summer, and I don't mean putting on a clown nose and telling jokes. Maybe a day's rest would do it good.

My cold is coming back, which might necessitate an obligatory rest day. Tomorrow's planned long run might have to be postponed. Besides, tomorrow in the afternoon, J and I are taking the train north for a week's break from Gothenburg's grey weather. Better save those legs (and lungs) for the Nordic skiing I'm hoping to do up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment