Wednesday 14 December 2011

Windy morning

You know how they say that Eskimos have 50 different words for snow? People in Gothenburg have 50 different words for wind. It's been windy since September.

I sought the stillness of the forest. My headlamp cast a weak light in the darkness, catching what looked like tiny whirling snowflakes in its beam. The ground was saturated by water, even at places where it's usually dry, protected by the tree canopy above. I was completely alone. 


My foot did not disturb me at all. My thigh muscle, that I had forgotten about when my foot started complaining, apparently felt neglected and started aching again. I have been abusing it a bit; I have been doing some demanding thigh exercises that it didn't like. I ignored it and got home after 10 km. The sun was just starting to rise over the horizon. But of course you wouldn't know it, because it hasn't just been windy. It's been cloudy as well. I just love Gothenburg in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment