Tuesday 19 July 2011

I'm already missing the mountains


My so-called long run this morning lasted for 17 km. I was tired and uninspired. I tried to put together a half marathon or so running around the lakes, thinking that I wouldn't get another chance for a long run until the end of the month, when I'm back from my holidays. As soon as I had rounded the first lake, however, I was already sick of hills and longed for flat ground. If I have to run on challenging terrain, I'd like to have some distraction from the agony it causes. Something to compensate for it. Maybe, oh I don't know, some breathtakingly beautiful mountains around me? I'm sure I'll fall back in love with these lakes again, but right now I'm just missing the mountains too much.



As luck would have it, the sea is not far from the woods and the lakes. A few kilometres later I was running by the seaside. I wouldn't exactly say I was enjoying this run, but it was comfortable to fall into an even rhythm. I did wish I had gone swimming instead, though.

Tomorrow I'm heading for warmer climates. Much warmer. Weather forecast says 35-40 degrees. I'm taking my Kayanos and my VFF with me, wondering if I'll get to use them. This blog will also be taking some time off while I'm on holiday. See you in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment