Tuesday 28 June 2011

Hill intervals. Kind of.

Yesterday (and for one day only!) I was superwoman. As you might remember, I couldn't decide if I should go for a run or if I should rest and read a book. So I did both. Impressive, right?

After a tough first kilometre, my body was finally awake. It's a good thing I was wearing my VFF. I suspect that my legs might have felt way too heavy otherwise, and I might have turned back home. Somehow J and I made it to the woods, where we engaged in a strange game. J and his long legs would run a bit ahead of me. When he slowed down while running uphill, I would catch up with him with my short, quick steps and then be ahead of him for a few seconds. But then he would pick up some speed, thinking that I was just messing with him, running uphill fast. And the cycle would start from the beginning.


So what was intended as a very, VERY easy, slow run turned into a kind of hill intervals thanks to an unintentional (yet fun) competition between J and me. As we emerged from the woods to run the last kilometre home, tiredness finally hit me. I only had the strength to read a few pages of my book before my eyes started getting heavy. I slept well last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment