Monday 14 March 2011

Coming up next: a short break

I had a weird work day today. It started off slow, then built up momentum and reached a crescendo of crazy activity around midday, only to taper off in the afternoon. Kind of like my run home after work: I started off easy, then I increased my speed from ”even a slug would call this slow” to ”I think I might collapse with a heart attack any minute” (also known as ”fast walking”, if you're an elite runner) and then negotiated the long hill of the final kilometre in winding down tempo. Average speed: nothing to brag to my running buddies about. But I survived. I was worried there for a second.

Tomorrow J and I are starting a 4-week course in climbing technique, which I'm really excited about. I am taking the day off running, as my legs have started sending me warning signals that they might snap in two if I force them to run for the 6th day in a row, and saving my energy for the course. On Wednesday though I'll be back out there running. Hopefully on ice-free forest paths. Hopefully in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment