Friday 4 February 2011

Weather, make up your mind

There's a howling wind blowing outside my window. It woke me up at 5 from a strange dream, in which I wanted to go to this beautiful church in England with my friend and...play with Lego.

Yesterday I ran home from work in gorgeous sunshine. It felt like spring. It had rained buckets the days before though, and as a result I ended up not so much running home as walking, jumping, balancing on my toes and trying not to break anything. Where the ice stopped, the water puddles started. And by puddles, I mean lakes.

When I finally came home and connected my Garmin to my computer, it showed nothing. My hard-earned 5 km disappeared into the ether and I had nothing to show for it. Well, almost nothing. My white Kayanos, that had seen nothing but snow and ice up to now, had finally gotten a taste of mud.


The question occupying my mind on this Friday morning is: should I run home from work today? The freak wind is not to let up until tonight, and it's (of course) a headwind. Whatever I decide, I know how I'll be spending my Friday night. With these two adorable monsters:

No comments:

Post a Comment