Saturday 26 February 2011

Something to celebrate

The grey weather and icy ground tipped the already biased scales against running Särö – Gothenburg this morning. Until the last minute, I wasn't sure what I'd do. Like I wrote earlier this week, I've been feeling pretty tired and uninspired, so I considered taking the rest of the month off running. But this is a particularly beautiful route, and it's always fun to run with the long distance group. My aching foot made its opinion very clear, so in the end I chose not to run.

But even though I didn't run 30 km, like Mia did, I do have something of my own to celebrate: I finally managed to climb the black 6B route I've been struggling with. A month ago I couldn't even start climbing it, and now look at me. It wasn't elegant, it wasn't easy, I even hesitated a couple of times, but I did it!

A climbing experience richer, it's time to celebrate. It was only yesterday I promised I'd celebrate more often. A glass of wine and a toast to future mini-triumphs!

1 comment:

  1. Grattis till den nya erövringen! vi ses på nästa pass så klart. Det blir ju bara varmare och vackrare för varje vecka som går - det hoppas vi på!

    Kram

    ReplyDelete