Tuesday 8 February 2011

Love is in the air

You know the feeling when spring finally arrives after a long, cold winter, that everywhere you look, there are couples holding hands, or teenagers staring into each others' eyes? That everyone is pulling off their heavy sweaters and winter coats and putting on cotton skirts and t-shirts, or eating ice-cream, or lying on the grass sunbathing? The feeling that everyone's in love?

I felt love rushing through my veins when I ran home from work today. And I wasn't the only one. Everywhere I looked, people smiled. Everyone I passed on the street nodded or said hi to me. Everyone looked so happy. And how could they not be, with a sunset like this?


The sky was on fire. There was a refreshing breeze. Most of the ice is now gone from the pavements. People go outside and enjoy the fantastic weather. People who cycle. People who go for walks. People who run. Love is in the air: love for the rebirth of nature after an icy winter, love for the hope that spring brings, love for light and warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment