Tuesday 18 January 2011

Interesting times

Yesterday I was going to take the bus into work, and then run home after work. The bus never showed up, forcing me to go back home and get the car instead, messing up my plans. I was disappointed, but also - I admit it!- kind of relieved. I saw the ice rinks that masqueraded as pavements and the Olympic-sized swimming pools of melted snow. The wind had picked up, and even though the temperature was over 0 degrees, it felt colder than it had done when it was -15. It also felt darker than it had done in months. Snow has a way of making the world seem filled with light, and when it's gone, everything just turns to grey.

The day was not exercise free. I did some strength exercises in the morning: abs, legs and feet, balance, arms. Sunday's walk in my VFFs had left my feet and legs pleasantly tired. Today, however, is going to be a rest day, as I have a 10-hour work shift.

Energy is at an all-time low. There are too many things in my life right now that are very demanding energy-wise, and not good things either. I am living in interesting times. My go-to medicine for that, my way to find balance, is running. But all I want to do is crawl back to bed and stay there for a few days. Good thing I'm off work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment