Thursday 16 December 2010

Santa threw up all over my kitchen

I went running yesterday. A whole 700 hundred meters. Then I walked the rest of the way home. 50 metres from the door I stepped on a nail. Or at least that's how it felt when my heel reminded me that I'm injured. A few seconds later the pain disappeared. I frantically tried to book an appointment with my physiotherapist, but she seems to be a busy woman.

My foot feels fine today. My mood, however, does not, mainly because I didn't get to meet my physiotherapist. I want to get rid of this problem as soon as possible.

I tried to cheer myself up by buying Christmas paraphernalia. I dressed my kitchen windows with red Christmas curtains. I lay the Christmas tablecloth on the table. I hanged the heart-pattern Christmas apron on the oven handle.

It worked. My Christmassy kitchen makes me happy. Red makes me feel warm inside.


I wish I could decorate our fake Christmas tree too, but we happen to be sharing the premises with two furry demons, who would surely eat the tree and then proceed to blow chunks all over the living room carpet.



Aren't they adorable?

1 comment: