Sunday 12 December 2010

Crutches

I made my way to the climbing wall in crutches. I thought I'd try and rest my foot as much as possible, since it's a couple of kilometres between the wall and where we park our car. It's tough using them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with pain in my arms and neck tomorrow.

We climbed for just over an hour and bouldered for 10-15 minutes. We both felt weak and tired, so we took it easy.

The structured wall where I managed to climb my first 6B.

I tried a repeat performance of last week's 6B but my body let me down. But, as the saying goes, the only bad training session is the one that you don't show up to. Right?

In other news, my foot feels better today. I did some heel exercises this morning that were painful, but I have nothing more to complain about currently than a diffuse irritation in the area. I bought some athletic tape that I am going to use to support the arch.

I am pretty tempted to try running home from work tomorrow, an easy 4 km, just to see how my foot responds. I'll have to wait and see how my foot feels tomorrow morning though, before I decide. If it gives any kind of indication that it might hurt, I'll take the bus instead. And then I'll book an appointment with my physiotherapist...

No comments:

Post a Comment