Sunday 21 November 2010

Dreaming of Saturday's great adventure

Less than a week left to my life's so far greatest running adventure and I couldn't be more excited about it!

Our group will be taking the train to Alingsås and then running back to Gothenburg, a distance of more or less 50 km. We'll be stopping now and then to eat, drink and relieve our bladders. Should someone get too tired, injured or sick, it's never too far to a train station. Hopefully it won't be needed.

I've done the chicken dance, sacrificed a baby goat, prayed to all the major and even some minor deities that I won't get sick or injured, that my Achilles tendon holds, and that the weather is good enough. Early weather forecasts predict snow for Saturday, but weather here is near impossible to predict accurately, especially so many days in advance. I'm hoping for a sunny yet chilly late autumn day.


I'll be making some Runekakor to take with me, along with water, some dextrose tablets and warm clothes. I'm crossing my fingers that the Kayanos 17 I ordered yesterday will arrive this week. Might come in handy to have fresh, cushioned shoes on my feet when I'm going for a new distance PB.

Great company, many kilometres under my feet, new places to see: can't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment