Friday 26 November 2010

Can't wait

Tomorrow, at 10:00, we're starting from Alingsås train station and running to Gothenburg.

I am counting the hours until then. I have been going over in my head what I need to take with me, what I need to prepare today, whether I need to get some spikes for my shoes. I made lists. I even made a train timetable to take with me, in case I need to stop and take the train back.


Note that I wrote "in case". Yes, I know I've "only" run 30 km in the past, and it's another half-marathon to 50 km. But I suppose there is some crazy little demon inside of me whispering that I just might be able to pull it off. I'm in as good a shape as I've ever been. I'll have my new Kayanos on my feet. We will be taking frequent pit stops. We'll have the wind on our backs. We'll even be served hot coffee by someone who could unfortunately not participate. Plus I'll be running with some experienced ultra-runners. What more do I need?

Whether I succeed tomorrow or not, I will not have lost anything. No matter how far I get, it counts. If I set out thinking I won't make it, then I won't. If I set out thinking I might, then I will without doubt come home a richer person; richer in experience, in training, in friends. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Lycka till! Jag är helt övertygad om att ni kommer att få en superdag!

    ReplyDelete